Travelling abroad on business? Learn how to travel safely with our advice and professional business traveller courses.
Objective Travel Safety was established in 2002 by Charlie McGrath, Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton & Nick Nash and specialises in training a wide range of professionals and individuals prior to their travels. We have a range of consultants who assist us in the delivery of training and the provision of security advice. Whilst our team is small, we ensure that our training is delivered by high quality personnel who have extensive knowledge of global security and overseas travel. For example, on our Hostile Environment Safety Courses (HEST/HET) for journalists delivered in partnership with Eurovision in Bavaria, we ensure that one of the four instructors is a leading journalist, often Eric Feijten and Peter Ter Velde (both of whom work extensively for Dutch TV NOS), Robert Adams, or Ben Timberlake, all of whom have covered conflicts over many years. For our medical training, we work with a variety of specialists who provide training, medical support and trauma packs. Read More..
HAVE YOU GOT YOUR KIT ESSENTIALS?
To see our travel must-haves for the international traveller CLICK HERE
- Trump impeachment: Legal team says charges 'brazen and unlawful'
- Australia fires: Victoria braces for severe storms
- Libya civil war: UN envoy Salamé says foreign intervention must end
- Lebanon protests: Anti-government protesters clash with police
- National Archives sorry for censoring 2017 Women's March signs
- New Chinese virus 'will have infected hundreds'
- Mexico violence: Indigenous musicians killed in ambush in Guerrero
- Nepal avalanche: Snow hampers search for missing South Korean trekkers
- Orthodox Christians brave an icy dip to mark Epiphany
- Disney culls 'Fox' from 20th Century Fox in rebrand
- Delta Air Lines sued by California teachers over fuel dump
- Jack Reacher author Lee Child passes writing baton to brother
- The 'tiny' recipe to YouTube success
- When sexual abuse was called seduction: France confronts its past
- Acclaimed scientist gets brain surgery for alcohol addiction
- The rescue worker who refuses to leave a bombed-out town
- Davos 2020: What is the World Economic Forum and is it elitist?
- Australia fires: Have gum trees made the bushfires worse?
- 'You can quit': Colombian cocaine farmers' message to UK user
- Rain brings bushfire relief to parts of Australia
- Global Hawk drones: A look at Nato's new spy tool
- Iran tensions: Khamenei's 'defiant message' at Friday prayers
- 'We can get along because that's America'
- What's behind the fight for Libya?
- 'I was sexually abused by a shaman at an ayahuasca retreat'
- How having a son with Down's syndrome changed rocker's music
- Naked artists in Serbia breathing life into damaged art scene
- Prohibition: US activists fight for temperance 100 years on
- Why are Chinese fishermen finding so many 'submarine spies'?
19 Jan, 2020
Lebanon: Violent clashes in Beirut
Pakistan & Afghanistan: Winter storms kill many
Fiji: Damaged by cyclone Tino
Hong Kong: Protests expected to continue from 20 Jan
13 Jan, 2020
The killing of the head of Iran's Republican Guareds Corps, General Quassim Soliemani by a US drone strike in Baghdad on 3 Jan 20 will dramiticially increase tension between Iran and the USA. T...
13 Jan, 2020
Travellers, be they on business or for pleasure, will find the subcontinent a fascinating although an often tiring place to visit. We believe crime levels are significantly lower compared to Latin ...
We’re in Ankara, Turkey today delivering our Business Travel Safety Awareness Training to our lovely client Aviagen… https://t.co/F2MtnAhHEM
... read more
Travelling on a Gap Year? Don’t spend it like this! #GapYear #Travel #Safety course gives the confidence to get off… https://t.co/VNztiI8r8E
... read more
Thank you Ella for this great testimonial from our Gap Year Travel and Safety course last week in London.
... read more
"16 years ago (in 2003), I did a gap year safety course, with Nick (?) if I remember correctly. What I learnt has subsequently kept me safe across six continents and many countries. I’ve just got back from travelling in the Middle East, incident free. I still use the ‘READE’ method, still don’t eat unpeeled / unboiled fruit/veg and always check my luggage before crossing borders etc. So I’d just like to say thanks for operating a business teaching lifelong skills that years and years later really do make travel safer, more fun and less problematic! That day at the cafe in London (Troubadour) taught me so much, If I hadn’t attended, I imagine I’d have not had the smooth travels I’ve had!"
Richard - Gap Year Course Attendee
"Charlie and the team at Objective Travel Safety tailored a one day training event for myself and my partner ahead of our cycle adventure from Scotland to Cape Wrath. Having spoken to many different companies, this was the first organisation who were able to offer a bespoke day which focused exactly on the countries we will be visiting, and the dangers we may encounter as cyclists".
Lucy Alliott, Cycle Adventure from Scotland to Cape Wrath
Charlie McGrath and the team at Objective Travel Safety have provided a range of excellent training programmes for Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC globally over the past four years, covering personal travel safety and security for employees, event security, and travel and security advice for female travellers. Annual training has been delivered through face-to-face workshops (both half-day and-full day) at our offices in London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai.
First trust is at the heart of our partnership, real trust uniequivocal. When we hired Objective Travel Safety some 12 years ago, we were looking for a Company that would grow with us, meet our challenges. I wanted the relationship to become sustainable. Since 2004, Objective has been developing and delivering 58 courses for 671 reporters and journalists from 40 countries
Nathalie Labourdette, Eurovision Academy
The Medical Research Council (MRC) of the UK have used Objective for a number of years to provide staff training on the potential hazards of overseas & UK travel. The trainer, Charlie McGrath, developed a bespoke course for the MRC which has proved very popular and educational for those attending. I would highly recommend Objective Travel Safety.
Dr A R Mitchell, Corporate Adviser, MRC