Travelling abroad on business? Learn how to travel safely with our advice and professional business traveller courses.
Objective Travel Safety was established in 2002 by Charlie McGrath, Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton & Nick Nash and specialises in training a wide range of professionals and individuals prior to their travels. We have a range of consultants who assist us in the delivery of training and the provision of security advice. Whilst our team is small, we ensure that our training is delivered by high quality personnel who have extensive knowledge of global security and overseas travel. For example, on our Hostile Environment Safety Courses (HEST/HET) for journalists delivered in partnership with Eurovision in Bavaria, we ensure that one of the four instructors is a leading journalist, often Eric Feijten and Peter Ter Velde (both of whom work extensively for Dutch TV NOS), Robert Adams, or Ben Timberlake, all of whom have covered conflicts over many years. For our medical training, we work with a variety of specialists who provide training, medical support and trauma packs. Read More..
HAVE YOU GOT YOUR KIT ESSENTIALS?
To see our travel must-haves for the international traveller CLICK HERE
- New Zealand volcano: Divers deployed to find last two missing bodies
- Trump impeachment: House committee vote postponed after marathon debate
- Trump 'signs off' on deal to pause US-China trade war
- New Jersey attack 'may be domestic terror fuelled by anti-Semitism'
- Denman Glacier: Deepest point on land found in Antarctica
- New Kentucky governor restores voting rights to ex-felons
- Man killed by Lexus car being remotely started
- Myanmar Rohingya: Suu Kyi accused of 'silence' in genocide trial
- Andrew Scheer: Canadian Conservative leader resigns
- Unesco heritage: Traditional Thai massage added to 'cultural heritage' list
- DNA may hold clues to extinct animal lifespan
- Greta Thunberg changes Twitter bio after Trump dig
- The place where dead eagles are given a new life
- The Clash: How London Calling still inspires 40 years on
- Spain in drive to get women into special forces
- Pengsoo: The rude giant penguin that South Korea fell in love with
- Lebanon electricity crisis: Stealing power to survive
- Why Australia's PM is facing climate anger amid bushfires
- What are beauty pageants really like for black women?
- ‘How texts to my dead brother brought us together’
- Myanmar: Rohingya refugee recalls 'horrific' mass killings
- Las Tesis feminist protest song of Chile goes global
- Making art from rubbish
- Flying around NZ volcano spewing toxic gas
- Pakistan lawyers in violent hospital protest in Lahore
- A 'game changer' for cardboard box waste?
- 'Our parents ran a secret gay porn empire'
- 'Four hours to walk off pizza calories' warning works, experts say
- Buyer returns Grease jacket to Olivia Newton-John after auction
- Sulawesi art: Animal painting found in cave is 44,000 years old
- Thanos creator labels Donald Trump a 'pompous fool' after Avengers tweet
10 Dec, 2019
France: Transport strikes continue
Uganda: Flooding kills 16 people
Australia: Bush fires blaze near Sydney
India: Winter smog in cities
Kenya & Tanzania: Heavy rain...
08 Dec, 2019
Countries across the Middle East face political turmoil following the revolutions in Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, and the ongoing conflict in Syria. Libya was slowly recovering post revolution but has co...
08 Dec, 2019
Travellers, be they on business or for pleasure, will find the subcontinent a fascinating although an often tiring place to visit. We believe crime levels are significantly lower compared to Latin ...
RT @gapyearassn: The skills you gain from a pre-trip gap year safety course can be applied to the rest of your life - Richard used his for…
... read more
A big welcome to India McGrath who joins us as one of our Gap Year Travel & Safety trainers, teaching young travell… https://t.co/FQZUFhSNJe
... read more
RT @FCOtravel: #Turkey On 10 December the Turkish authorities issued a red weather warning for the Antalya area. Central Antalya, Serik, Ke…
... read more
"16 years ago (in 2003), I did a gap year safety course, with Nick (?) if I remember correctly. What I learnt has subsequently kept me safe across six continents and many countries. I’ve just got back from travelling in the Middle East, incident free. I still use the ‘READE’ method, still don’t eat unpeeled / unboiled fruit/veg and always check my luggage before crossing borders etc. So I’d just like to say thanks for operating a business teaching lifelong skills that years and years later really do make travel safer, more fun and less problematic! That day at the cafe in London (Troubadour) taught me so much, If I hadn’t attended, I imagine I’d have not had the smooth travels I’ve had!"
Richard - Gap Year Course Attendee
"Charlie and the team at Objective Travel Safety tailored a one day training event for myself and my partner ahead of our cycle adventure from Scotland to Cape Wrath. Having spoken to many different companies, this was the first organisation who were able to offer a bespoke day which focused exactly on the countries we will be visiting, and the dangers we may encounter as cyclists".
Lucy Alliott, Cycle Adventure from Scotland to Cape Wrath
Charlie McGrath and the team at Objective Travel Safety have provided a range of excellent training programmes for Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC globally over the past four years, covering personal travel safety and security for employees, event security, and travel and security advice for female travellers. Annual training has been delivered through face-to-face workshops (both half-day and-full day) at our offices in London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai.
First trust is at the heart of our partnership, real trust uniequivocal. When we hired Objective Travel Safety some 12 years ago, we were looking for a Company that would grow with us, meet our challenges. I wanted the relationship to become sustainable. Since 2004, Objective has been developing and delivering 58 courses for 671 reporters and journalists from 40 countries
Nathalie Labourdette, Eurovision Academy
The Medical Research Council (MRC) of the UK have used Objective for a number of years to provide staff training on the potential hazards of overseas & UK travel. The trainer, Charlie McGrath, developed a bespoke course for the MRC which has proved very popular and educational for those attending. I would highly recommend Objective Travel Safety.
Dr A R Mitchell, Corporate Adviser, MRC