Travelling abroad on business? Learn how to travel safely with our advice and professional business traveller courses.
Objective Travel Safety was established in 2002 by Charlie McGrath, Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton & Nick Nash and specialises in training a wide range of professionals and individuals prior to their travels. We have a range of consultants who assist us in the delivery of training and the provision of security advice. Whilst our team is small, we ensure that our training is delivered by high quality personnel who have extensive knowledge of global security and overseas travel. For example, on our Hostile Environment Safety Courses (HEST) for journalists delivered in partnership with Eurovision in Bavaria, we ensure that one of the four instructors is a leading journalist, often either Eric Feijten and Peter Ter Velde (both of whom work extensively for Dutch TV NOS), Robert Adams, or Ben Timberlake, all of whom have covered conflicts over many years. For our medical training, we work with a variety of specialists who provide training, medical support and trauma packs. Read More..
HAVE YOU GOT YOUR KIT ESSENTIALS?
To see our travel must-haves for the international traveller CLICK HERE
- El Chapo trial: Mexican drug lord Joaquín Guzmán gets life in prison
- DR Congo Ebola outbreak declared public health emergency
- US House condemns Trump attacks on congresswomen as racist
- Turkish diplomat and Iraqi civilian shot dead in Iraqi Kurdistan
- Dolphin megapod spotted off California coast swimming alongside boat
- Battle of Waterloo: Excavation unearths amputated limbs
- Chennai, the city where drought is visible from space
- Italy hunts bear after ‘genius’ escape over electric fences
- KLM breastfeeding policy causes turbulence
- Sudan military and civilians sign deal to end deadly turmoil
- Kulbhushan Jadhav: Pakistan told to review 'India spy' case
- Online critics poke fun at Canada 'warship' library
- Von der Leyen vote: Europe's media welcome EU Commission choice
- South Africa: Inside the football-mad township 'too dangerous' for scouts to visit
- Syrian conflict: Helping children through the horror of bomb blasts
- El Chapo: How Mexico's drug kingpin fell victim to his own legend
- Merkel: The steady woman whose shaking has touched a nation
- Talking about sex no longer so taboo in the Arab world
- 'The Squad' hit back over Trump's 'racist' tweets in CBS interview
- Plastic pollution: Could a year's waste circle the Earth four times?
- Norway's spy town: 'They took him and they have broken him'
- The Kenyan centre saving endangered chimpanzees
- The surprising thing about America's migrant past
- Freckles the manta ray 'doing well' after being freed from hooks
- Afghanistan war: What could peace look like?
- 'Empty Spain': Can opera save the town of Medinaceli?
- Cricket World Cup 'like a festival' for illegal bookmakers
- The forgotten Indian inventor who dazzled London
- The coal mine that ate Hambacher forest
17 Jul, 2019
Sudan: Power sharing deal agreed
India, Nepal & Bangladesh: Extensive monsoon flooding
Iran: Tension in straits of Hormuz
S Korea: Unions call general strike on 18 July
14 Jul, 2019
Most visits to South and Central America are trouble free, but the threat from crime is of concern in many of the continent's urban areas. It's essential to ensure your valuables are split ...
14 Jul, 2019
Countries across the Middle East face political turmoil following the revolutions in Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, and the ongoing conflict in Syria. Libya was slowly recovering post revolution but has co...
Extensive monsoon flooding in NE India (esp Assam), Nepal and Bangladesh. Over 100 deaths and further rains forecas… https://t.co/oQzNLaedHm
... read more
Weekend of protests ahead. More demonstrations planned in Hong Kong on Sat & Sun, Serbia anti gov protests Sat, Fra… https://t.co/mECDEcn6s3
... read more
We were delighted to attend @2020productions in #Edinburgh recently to deliver our Business Travel Safety Awareness… https://t.co/SfvsYwKmHM
... read more
Charlie and the team at Objective Travel Safety tailored a one day training event for myself and my partner ahead of our cycle adventure from Scotland to Cape Wrath. Having spoken to many different companies, this was the first organisation who were able to offer a bespoke day which focused exactly on the countries we will be visiting, and the dangers we may encounter as cyclists.
Lucy Alliott, Cycle Adventure from Scotland to Cape Wrath
Charlie McGrath and the team at Objective Travel Safety have provided a range of excellent training programmes for Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC globally over the past four years, covering personal travel safety and security for employees, event security, and travel and security advice for female travellers. Annual training has been delivered through face-to-face workshops (both half-day and-full day) at our offices in London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai.
Charlie McGrath was engaged by Lucy Electric to provide Overseas Traveller Training to our staff to equip them with the necessary skills to travel safely and securely. Charlie exudes competence in his calm and comprehensive delivery of training programmes. He is extremely knowledgeable and provides real world examples and exercises to ensure his students understand the subject.
We were so impressed with Charlie in the UK that we then asked him to deliver training in India and the Middle East. Once again he exceeded expectations and was roundly complemented by all employees.
Cris Padilla, Lucy Group CSR Specialists
First trust is at the heart of our partnership, real trust uniequivocal. When we hired Objective Travel Safety some 12 years ago, we were looking for a Company that would grow with us, meet our challenges. I wanted the relationship to become sustainable. Since 2004, Objective has been developing and delivering 58 courses for 671 reporters and journalists from 40 countries
Nathalie Labourdette, Eurovision Academy
The Medical Research Council (MRC) of the UK have used Objective for a number of years to provide staff training on the potential hazards of overseas & UK travel. The trainer, Charlie McGrath, developed a bespoke course for the MRC which has proved very popular and educational for those attending. I would highly recommend Objective Travel Safety.
Dr A R Mitchell, Corporate Adviser, MRC