Travelling abroad on business? Learn how to travel safely with our advice and professional business traveller courses.
Objective Travel Safety was established in 2002 by Charlie McGrath, Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton & Nick Nash and specialises in training a wide range of professionals and individuals prior to their travels. We have a range of consultants who assist us in the delivery of training and the provision of security advice. Whilst our team is small, we ensure that our training is delivered by high quality personnel who have extensive knowledge of global security and overseas travel. For example, on our Hostile Environment Safety Courses (HEST) for journalists delivered in partnership with Eurovision in Bavaria, we ensure that one of the four instructors is a leading journalist, often either Eric Feijten and Peter Ter Velde (both of whom work extensively for Dutch TV NOS), Robert Adams, or Ben Timberlake, all of whom have covered conflicts over many years. For our medical training, we work with a variety of specialists who provide training, medical support and trauma packs. Read More..
HAVE YOU GOT YOUR KIT ESSENTIALS?
To see our travel must-haves for the international traveller CLICK HERE
- South Korea fires warning shots at Russian military aircraft
- US expands powers to deport migrants without going to court
- Russian LGBT activist Yelena Grigoryeva murdered in St Petersburg
- India denies PM Modi asked Trump to mediate in Kashmir conflict
- Drugs worth A$200m found when van hits police car
- Venezuela blackout: Power cuts plunge country into darkness
- Eight EU nations agree migrants deal, France says
- Mystery deepens over murder of tourist couple in Canada
- Massive protests held in Puerto Rico after governor refuses to step down
- Iran says it arrested CIA spies and sentenced some to death
- Resistant malaria spreading in South East Asia
- Mack Horton: Fina warns swimmer over podium snub to rival
- Hong Kong protests: Were triads involved in the attacks?
- Busisiwe Mkhwebane: The corruption fighter surrounded by scandal
- How Japan's trade row with South Korea could hit tech supplies
- What's the best way to stay awake in meetings?
- Treasured family photos buried to hide the past
- The parliament of rock stars and wrestlers
- Iran crisis: A tale of two tankers
- Wheelchair basketball player Abdi Jama: I'm lucky to be alive
- The rise of India’s viral wedding photoshoots
- Blast off for India's Moon mission
- Mystery surrounds animal deaths on France's farms
- Robert Morgenthau: New York prosecutor who battled the mafia
- Polish abuse scandal: Victims take on the Catholic Church
- 'I kept my multimillion dollar business secret'
- Why does Zimbabwe have a new currency?
- The teen designing Eswatini's traditional regalia
- Sudan crisis: The ruthless mercenaries who run the country for gold
23 Jul, 2019
Portugal: Wild fires in central areas
Hong Kong: Violent protests
India, Nepal & Bangladesh: Extensive monsoon flooding
Costa Rica: Union protests today
21 Jul, 2019
All travellers planning to go to Africa are strongly advised to check the security and health situation on the UK FCO Travel Advice site and other sites such as the US state Department, WHO and see...
14 Jul, 2019
Most visits to South and Central America are trouble free, but the threat from crime is of concern in many of the continent's urban areas. It's essential to ensure your valuables are split ...
It’s a fabulous country, terrific beaches in north and good game reserves. Recovering from March floods. Go to Flee… https://t.co/5oLTqhkF4H
... read more
Interesting article on malaria in Guardian today - Myanmar leading the way in SE Asia #objectivetravel #malaria
... read more
RT @FCOtravel: #Pakistan There are reports of a heightened threat against religious sites in #Lahore. If you're in the area, you should avo…
... read more
Charlie and the team at Objective Travel Safety tailored a one day training event for myself and my partner ahead of our cycle adventure from Scotland to Cape Wrath. Having spoken to many different companies, this was the first organisation who were able to offer a bespoke day which focused exactly on the countries we will be visiting, and the dangers we may encounter as cyclists.
Lucy Alliott, Cycle Adventure from Scotland to Cape Wrath
Charlie McGrath and the team at Objective Travel Safety have provided a range of excellent training programmes for Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC globally over the past four years, covering personal travel safety and security for employees, event security, and travel and security advice for female travellers. Annual training has been delivered through face-to-face workshops (both half-day and-full day) at our offices in London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai.
Charlie McGrath was engaged by Lucy Electric to provide Overseas Traveller Training to our staff to equip them with the necessary skills to travel safely and securely. Charlie exudes competence in his calm and comprehensive delivery of training programmes. He is extremely knowledgeable and provides real world examples and exercises to ensure his students understand the subject.
We were so impressed with Charlie in the UK that we then asked him to deliver training in India and the Middle East. Once again he exceeded expectations and was roundly complemented by all employees.
Cris Padilla, Lucy Group CSR Specialists
First trust is at the heart of our partnership, real trust uniequivocal. When we hired Objective Travel Safety some 12 years ago, we were looking for a Company that would grow with us, meet our challenges. I wanted the relationship to become sustainable. Since 2004, Objective has been developing and delivering 58 courses for 671 reporters and journalists from 40 countries
Nathalie Labourdette, Eurovision Academy
The Medical Research Council (MRC) of the UK have used Objective for a number of years to provide staff training on the potential hazards of overseas & UK travel. The trainer, Charlie McGrath, developed a bespoke course for the MRC which has proved very popular and educational for those attending. I would highly recommend Objective Travel Safety.
Dr A R Mitchell, Corporate Adviser, MRC