Business Travel & NGOs
Do you have Staff Travelling Abroad on Business?
Have you ensured their safety whilst travelling overseas?
Our acclaimed Business Travel Safety Awareness Courses provide the knowledge and skills needed to stay safe when abroad and also deliver the duty of care obligations for companies.
Our courses are modular to ensure they suit both specific company requirements and the countries that employees will be visiting. For those travelling to higher risk locations, we offer a two or three day Hostile Environment Safety Courses (HEST) and can assist with company Travel Safety Procedures.
Choice of courses available:
- Business Travel Safety Awareness Courses (see below)
- Crisis Management Training
- Travel Risk Management
- Security Reviews
- Hostile Environment Safety Training (HEST)
Business Travel Safety Course
Business Travel Safety courses are half-day or full-day, held at your offices, and run for up to 15 delegates.
If you have only one or two staff to train, then book one of our open group courses held near Birmingham.
Open Group Business Travel Safety Course
Venue: Alcester, Near Birmingham
Cost: £155 per person inc. VAT
Business Travel Safety Awareness Course - Friday 13th September 2019: Click here to book online
Click here for more information on the open group Business Travel Safety Awareness course
Course topics include:
- Situation awareness; 'how to think on your feet'
- Pre-travel planning; security advice, diseases and inoculations
- Kit, equipment & safety gadgets
- Insurance, Consulates and help abroad
- Cultural, Religious and Environmental considerations
- Gender safety
- Personal security & crime avoidance
- Theft avoidance & security of possessions
- Handling difficult situations; muggings, defusing confrontation
- Getting about safely; airports, taxis and public transport
- Hotel/accommodation security
- Terrorism and ballistic awareness
- Kidnap prevention and conduct if taken
Standardisation can lead to predictability and Complacency
The differing requirements of every client dictate that no Objective Travel Safety course can ever be the same. The extensive experience of our team and the quality of our material makes Objective’s safety services unique.
As well as offering the face to face training courses, we also offer Skype and Webinar Training.
Call +44 (0) 1788 899 029 for more information.
Our Business Clients include: BAE Systems, Proctor and Gamble, Exxon Mobil, Wardell Armstrong, Boden, Polypipe Terrain, Euromoney, UKAS, The Medical Research Council, University of Westminster, Cranfield University & Sports Scotland.
Our NGO Clients include: HIV/Aids Alliance, MSI, Sight Savers, Solar Aid, Engineers without Border, IPPF and Mission to the World (US).
For companies and NGOs, the ability to either avoid a crisis situation or be able to react to unfolding events can be of vital importance. We provide assistance and training in a bespoke manner. We assist in the production of crisis management plans, provide help with training staff and finally, test plans and procedures via test exercises. Crisis management is not a ‘black art’; to be effective, we strongly believe that plans need to be simple and generic so that they can be adapted to the specific situation.
Objective Travel Safety will identify and minimise risks that may affect your business and employees. We have extensive experience of carrying out security reviews for NGOs, corporations and high networth individuals working and living abroad. Our consultants are ex-military officers, including former Intelligence and Special Forces officers, with extensive experience in the commercial sector.
Objective Travel Safety Course Prices
- One-day Course: From £750.00 ex VAT and travel for one instructor.
- Half-day Courses: From £595.00 ex VAT and travel for one instructor. The cost could be more depending on distance from our offices.
- Bespoke Packages: Including 2-day residential package - Call for details
- Business Travel Safety Awareness Open Courses - One day: £155 inc VAT.
We can also offer Skype and Webinar training. Please get in touch for more information.
23 Jul, 2019
Portugal: Wild fires in central areas
Hong Kong: Violent protests
India, Nepal & Bangladesh: Extensive monsoon flooding
Costa Rica: Union protests today
21 Jul, 2019
All travellers planning to go to Africa are strongly advised to check the security and health situation on the UK FCO Travel Advice site and other sites such as the US state Department, WHO and see...
14 Jul, 2019
Most visits to South and Central America are trouble free, but the threat from crime is of concern in many of the continent's urban areas. It's essential to ensure your valuables are split ...