Business Travel & NGOs
Standardisation can lead to predictability and complacency
The differing requirements of every client dictate that no Objective Travel Safety course can ever be the same. The extensive experience of our team and quality of our material makes Objective’s safety services unique.
- Safety Awareness Training
- Crisis Management Training
- Security Reviews.
Our travel courses are modular and can be conducted at your place of work, or at one of our training centres. A popular and cost effective option is for Objective Travel Safety to conduct the training in the workplace for a group of delegates. For the business traveller, the most popular course is either our half-day or full day course. Most businesses elect to run the courses at their offices, typically with a group of up to 15 delegates. As well as offering a one day or shorter course we also offer 2 or 3 day hostile environment courses.
Modular course topics:
- Security advice and regional threats, including sources of information.
- Situation awareness - how to think on your feet, judging situations
- Personal security & crime avoidance.
- Theft avoidance & security of possessions.
- Kit, equipment & safety gadgets.
- Accommodation security.
- Getting about safely; airports, taxis and public transport.
- Emergency first aid
- Health advice, disease prevention & ‘bugs, bites & bowels.
- Negotiating check-points.
- Mines and booby trap awareness.
- Dealing with corrupt official and bribes.
- Kidnap prevention and conduct if taken.
- Handling difficult situations; muggings, diffusing confrontation etc.
- Navigation; map, compass and GPS.
- Surviving natural disasters.
Our business clients include: BAE Systems, Proctor and Gamble, Exxon Mobil, Wardell Armstrong, Boden, Polypipe Terrain, Euromoney, UKAS, The Medical Research Council, University of Westminster, Cranfield University & Sports Scotland.
Our NGO clients include HIV/Aids Alliance, MSI, Sight Savers, Solar Aid, Engineers without Border, IPPF and Mission to the World (US).
Please give us a call and we can discuss training options. As well as offering the face to face courses, we can also do skype and webinar training.
For companies and NGOs, the ability to either avoid a crisis situation or be able to react to unfolding events can be of vital importance. Objective is able to provide assistance and training in a bespoke manner. We can assist in the production of crisis management plans, provide help with training staff and finally, test plans and procedures via test exercises. Crisis management is not a ‘black art’; to be effective we strongly believe plans need to be simple and generic so that they can be adapted to the specific situation.
Let us help you identify and minimise risks that might affect your business and employees. We have extensive experience of carrying out security reviews for NGOs, corporations and high networth individuals working and living abroad. Our consultants are ex military officers, including former intelligence and Special Forces officers, with extensive experience in the commercial sector. Please call to discuss requirements.
Travel Safety Course Prices
- One day course: From £750.00 ex VAT and travel for one instructor.
- Half day courses: From £595.00 ex VAT and travel for one instructor. The cost could be more if distance from our office is great.
- Bespoke packages: Including 2 day residential package.
For the one-day or half-day courses, we suggest that a maximum of 12 to 15 delegates which will ensure good interaction with the trainer.
We can also offer Skype and Webinar training.
Contact office for details.
18 Jan, 2019
Kenya: Terrorist attack in Nairobi kills 14
Cote D'Ivoire: Protests expected in Abidjan on 19 Jan 19
India: Kumbh Mela festival begins
DRC: Election result announced - Feli...
18 Jan, 2019
Most visits to South and Central America are trouble free, but the threat from crime is of concern in many of the continent's urban areas. It's essential to ensure your valuables are split ...
16 Jan, 2019
All travellers planning to go to Africa are strongly advised to check the security and health situation on the UK FCO Travel Advice site and other sites such as the US state Department, WHO and see...