However the statistics are presented, there is little argument that street crime in Britain represents a real threat to people’s daily lives. The Objective Urban Safety Courses are designed to help the individual handle the challenges of the urban environment. We believe that with a little thought and training it is possible to dramatically reduce the chances of becoming the victim of crime or being hassled in the street. The courses are modular and cater for all ages and lifestyles.
Whoever you are, it's all about ‘thinking safe’ and we use our R.E.A.D.E philosophy to help the individual avoid trouble at the earliest opportunity:
Recognise the indicator of potential trouble in order to
Evaluate the situation so that one can
Avoid trouble or at least
Defuse the threat and then
Extract to safety
Who would attend the Urban Safety Course/Wokshop
13 to 17 years, on request from concerned parents, a one to two hour course; thinking safe, avoiding muggings, safe travel, clubbing, drugs and alcohol. Delivered by lecture, scenarios and discussions.
Adults in the City:
A half or one day course on how to live and work with confidence. Subjects include situation awareness, home and personal security, defusing confrontation and dealing with muggings.
A one to two hour course, for companies wishing to ensure employees don’t fall victim to crime whilst on business or travelling to and from work as well as delivering duty of care obligations.
The modules are delivered by means of interactive scenarios and role play, lectures and practical based learning. Courses can be tailored to suit the time available and size, age and experience of the group.
- Personal Security: Avoid becoming the victim; lower your profile; think safe.
- Travelling Securely: Buses, trains, taxis, cars, simple navigation techniques.
- Protecting your Possessions: What to carry; where and how to keep it safe.
- Street First-Aid: Dealing with traumatic injuries; preserving life until help arrives.
- Handling Difficult Situations: Defusing confrontation and muggings; when all else fails, escaping an attacker.
- Dire Straits: Resolving varied crisis situations.
- Protecting the Home: Measure to protect the home and family.
- Girls Talk: Peer pressure; pubs and clubs; rape avoidance & date rape; self conduct; drugs & alcohol. Taught by a female instructor.
22 Sep, 2020
Cases of Covid 19 cintinue to grow across the continent and the FCO advises against all but essential travel to most South and Central American countries and most of them have shut their bo...
21 Sep, 2020
Global: FCO advise against all travel overseas
Covid-19: Over 31m cases & over 940,000 deaths
India: New covid cases at over 90,000/day
NZ: Elections delay...
21 Sep, 2020
Hostile Environment Safety Training Covid–19 Risk Reduction Measures
We’re delighted that our Hostile Environment Safety Training courses are now resuming at ...