However the statistics are presented, there is little argument that street crime in Britain represents a real threat to people’s daily lives. The Objective Urban Safety Courses are designed to help the individual handle the challenges of the urban environment. We believe that with a little thought and training it is possible to dramatically reduce the chances of becoming the victim of crime or being hassled in the street. Courses are modular and can cater for most ages and lifestyles.
Whoever you are, it's all about ‘thinking safe’ and we use our R.E.A.D.E philosophy to help the individual avoid trouble at the earliest opportunity:
Recognise the indicator of potential trouble in order to
Evaluate the situation so that one can
Avoid trouble or at least
Defuse the threat and then
Extract to safety
- Teenagers, 13 to 17 years. On request from concerned parents, a one to two hour residential course; thinking safe, avoiding muggings, safe travel, clubbing, drugs and alcohol. Delivered by lecture and scenarios discussions
- Adults in the city. A half or one day course on how to live and work with confidence. Subjects include situation awareness, home and personal security, defusing confrontation and dealing with muggings.
- Corporate responsibility. A one to two hour course, for companies wishing to ensure employees don’t fall victim to crime whilst on business or travelling to and from work as well as delivering duty of care obligations.
The modules are delivered by means of interactive scenarios and role play, lectures and practical based learning. Courses can be tailored to suit the time available and size, age and experience of the group.
- Personal Security: Avoid becoming the victim; lower your profile; think safe.
- Travelling Securely: Buses, trains, taxis, cars, simple navigation techniques.
- Protecting your Possessions: What to carry; where and how to keep it safe.
- Street First-aid: Dealing with traumatic injuries; preserving life until help arrives.
- Handling Difficult Situations: Defusing confrontation and muggings; when all else fails, escaping an attacker.
- Dire Straits: Resolving varied crisis situations.
- Protecting the Home: Measure to protect the home and family.
- Girls Talk: Peer pressure; pubs and clubs; rape avoidance & date rape; self conduct; drugs & alcohol. Taught by a female instructor.
Two hour course One instructor. From £340 plus travel and VAT.
Half-day course One instructor. From £490 plus travel and VAT.
Half-day course Two instructors. From £670 pluds travel and VAT.
Prices will vary for larger groups, please call to discuss options. Delegates receive a laminated guide at the end of the course.
Click on this link to view our Travel Safety Training & Risk Management Brochure
23 May, 2019
India: Election counting under way
Muslims countries: Ramadam 5 May to 5 June
Venezuela: Mass protests continue
Mozambique: Cholera outbreak post Cyclone Kenneth
23 May, 2019
Countries across the Middle East face political turmoil following the revolutions in Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, and the ongoing conflict in Syria. Libya was slowly recovering post revolution but has co...
23 May, 2019
Travellers, be they on business or for pleasure, will find the subcontinent a fascinating although an often tiring place to visit. We believe crime levels are significantly lower compared to Latin ...